This is in response to the Toronto Land Transfer Tax
Toronto's comfortable mortgage now at TD Canada Trust: bank will cover the Toronto land transfer tax on mortgages until March 21, 2008
Homebuyers have until March 21, 2008 - No requirement to have a current account with TD Canada Trust - Choice of two mortgages availableTD Canada Trust announced today that it will cover the new City of Toronto land transfer tax on behalf of its customers when they arrange a mortgage between November 22, 2007 and March 21, 2008.
In response to the City of Toronto's increase to the land transfer tax, TD Canada Trust will provide up to 1.50% of the mortgage amount in cash to cover this expense for customers obtaining a new fixed rate closed mortgage with a term of 5 or 7 years.
Homebuyers do not have to have a current account with TD Canada Trust in order to be eligible for this offer.
- Those who arrange and fund a 5 year Special Fixed Rate Mortgage or a 7 Year Special Fixed Rate Mortgage between November 22, 2007 and March 21, 2008.
- Those purchasing Toronto properties which were affected by the new City of Toronto Land Transfer Tax
The offer is not available in conjunction with any other offers and the maximum cash amount is $15,000.
Mark's comments: I am guessing that you would not be eligable for any mortgage interest rate discounts if you take advantage of the above deal. I will check into this and re-post if there is a change.
Read more about Toronto Land Transfer Tax and use an online calculator
Thank you for reading my blog and if there is anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to contact me,
A. Mark Argentino
P. Eng. Broker
Specializing in Residential & Investment Real Estate
Thinking of Selling? Best Mortgage Rates Current Home Prices Search MLS
RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc.
Providing Full-Time Professional Real Estate Services since 1987
( BUS 905-828-3434
2 FAX 905-828-2829 ÈCELL 416-520-1577
E-MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
8 Website : Mississauga4Sale.com
- Thinking of selling in the next 3 to 6 months? Would you like a Complimentary & Quick Over-The-Net Home Evaluation ?
- On-Line Real Estate Newsletter sign up
- See seasonal housing patterns