Toronto, June 2, 2009 - In May 2009, Greater Toronto ReAlToRs® reported 9,589 sales, up almost two per cent from May 2008 – the first annual increase since December 2007. The seasonally adjusted annual rate of sales in May was 81,300.
The average price for May transactions was $395,609 – down less than one per cent compared to the same month last year.
The resale housing market in the GTA has remained resilient in the face of challenging times globally,” according to TReB President Maureen o’neill. “Many home buyers have taken advantage of extremely low mortgage rates.
West » Active listings decreased by 7.1 per cent, while new listings fell by 31 per cent in April 2009 over April 2008. Sales were down by 9.41 per cent with 3,078 homes sold in April 2009 compared to 3,398 one year ago. In April 2009, the average price paid in the West Toronto district dipped .9 per cent to $368,945 from $372,575 the previous April. Homes
were on the market for 37 days, an additional nine days or 32 per cent longer than in April 2008.
I hope this finds you Happy and Healthy!
All the Best!
A. Mark Argentino
P. Eng. Broker
Specializing in Residential & Investment Real Estate
Thinking of Selling? Best Mortgage Rates Current Home Prices Search MLS Newsletter
RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc.
Providing Full-Time Professional Real Estate Services since 1987
( BUS 905-828-3434
2 FAX 905-828-2829 ÈCELL 416-520-1577
› E-MAIL : mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Mississauga
Website : Mississauga4Sale.com
- Thinking of selling your home in the next 3 to 6 months? Would you like a Complimentary & Quick Over-The-Net Home Evaluation ?
- Power of Sales and Foreclosures
- If you have not already signed up to receive my monthly real estate newsletter, you may do so here: On-Line Real Estate Newsletter sign up
- See seasonal housing patterns
- Would you like me to send you a 2009 Calendar?