This is from the Mississauga city website, but only in pdf format, so I thought I would add it to my blog, enjoy!
Mississauga is A Great Place To Live
This profile contains an Overview of Mississauga, information on Tourism, Downtown Mississauga, Education, Health Care, Housing,
Public Safety and, Police and Fire Protection.
· The City of Mississauga is Canada's 6th largest city and one of its most successful communities.
· What factors go into building a successful community? Business-friendly local government, competitive tax and utility rates, an
extensive telecommunications infrastructure, exceptional City services, quality housing options, natural local settings, great
community amenities, and excellent transportation links including Canada's largest international airport - that's why Mississauga is
the location of choice for families and for growing companies.
· Mississauga is a great place to live with strong communities, a wide selection of excellent housing, shopping and great schools.
· There is an active cultural life with galleries, theatres, art centres, concert halls and museums.
· The beautiful Credit River valley provides scenic recreational parkland and its clean waters are excellent for fishing. Two marinas
along the shores of Lake Ontario provide outdoor leisure opportunities.
· There are more than 480 parks and 23 major trail systems. Mississauga is part of an extensive 280 mile waterfront trail that passes
through lakefront parks and marinas.
· 11 Community Centres are located throughout the city, along with city run facilities such as arenas, swimming pools, fitness
centres, golf courses, tennis courts, baseball diamonds, soccer pitches and much much more. For a complete list of city facilities,
go to www.mississauga.ca >residents>recreation and parks
· The Mississauga Library System is one of the largest public library systems in Canada with over 300,000 users, 16 branch libraries
and a multi-floor central library. For further information, visit www.mississauga.ca/library
· We are also Canada's safest city for the 7th
year in a row, as documented in a national study based on crime statistics from major
cities across the country.
· The City of Mississauga won the 2006 World Leadership Award for its Healthy City Stewardship Centre initiative aimed at bettering
the health of Mississauga residents. In collaboration with the University of Toronto, 14 key organizations came together to work
toward improvements in local health and developed the Healthy Mississauga 2010 Plan. The plan will help the City of Mississauga
measure health and quality of life improvements over time and act as a model for success. For further information, visit
· Diversity and innate beauty make Mississauga a preferred destination. Take in a round of golf, or relax with a treatment at one of
its many spas.
· Come to Mississauga as a couple, for a business meeting, or with your family and friends. Mississauga has superb accommodation
options for every taste and budget.
· Explore its quaint historic villages, visit the bustling waterfront, or inspire yourself with Mississauga's world-class art and theatre at
the Living Arts Centre. Visit the Rhododendron Gardens, watch the salmon migration, or shop at Square One - Ontario's largest retail
shopping centre. Whether you choose an activity-packed weekend or a relaxing getaway, your stay will be memorable here.
· From stunning architecture and museums to lakefront parks and vibrant ethnic neighbourhoods, Mississauga offers a range of
experiences that keeps visitors coming back again and again.
· For Mississauga tourism information, visit: www.mississauga.ca/tourism
Page 2 of 4
· Mississauga's City Centre is located in the heart of Canada's sixth largest city, which has a mix of commercial and high density
residential uses. More than 6,000 building permits have been issued for residential high-rise condominium and/or retirement units
· The area includes attractive Class A office buildings that accommodate close to 450 corporate businesses, among them include
major employers such as Baxter Corporation, Deloitte & Touche, E D S Canada, Edulinx Canada Corp., Pepsi QTG Canada, Personal
Insurance Co. of Canada, Praxair Canada, Quantum Managements Services, Reynolds and Reynolds (Canada) and Symcor Inc..
· City Centre amenities include the Living Arts Centre, an art gallery, a central library, the YMCA, Mississauga's transit terminal and
Square One shopping centre.
· Mississauga's City Centre has over 3.7 million square feet of office space and prime real estate opportunities.
· Educational opportunities and the quality of education are high priorities in Mississauga.
· There are 10 universities and 11 technical colleges within commuting distance of Mississauga.
· Mississauga is served by two school boards - the Peel Board of Education and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board
responsible for elementary and secondary schools within the Region.
Peel Board of Education
· The Peel Board of Education, one of Canada's largest school boards serves over 225 schools with 140,000 full time elementary and
secondary students. The Board offers full time French Immersion, English As a Second Language, Technical Education Programs,
Co-operative Education, Enhanced Learning and Special Needs programs to mention a few. In addition, they run an extensive
Adult and Continuing Education Program.
· For more information, visit www.peel.edu.on.ca
Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board
· The Dufferin-Peel District School Board is one of the largest and most diverse school districts in Ontario which operates 141
catholic schools with a student enrolment of close to 90,000 full time students at the elementary and secondary levels. In addition
to the religion and family life education, as well as other programs specified by the Ministry of Education, the board offers an Adult
and Continuing Education Program.
· For more information, visit www.dpcdsb.org
Centre for Education & Training
· In support of the Peel Board the centre offers customized education, career planning, skills upgrading, training and language
services, computer training, career & employment assistance, and international programs. It is the largest on-site trainer in
Ontario serving Greater Toronto, Canada and worldwide.
· For more information, visit www.tcet.com
Page 3 of 4
Private Schools & Alternative Education
· Mississauga offers more than 30 private schools ranging from pre-school to Grade 12 and offering programs such as Advanced
Learning, English as a Second Language (ESL), Montessori, technical and vocational skills, and religion.
· For a list of these private schools, call the City of Mississauga, Economic Development Office at 905-896-5016.
University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM)
· UTM is part of Canada's largest university, the University of Toronto, which is also one of the most highly respected research
institutions in North America. The university offers one of the few Masters of Biotechnology in Canada and the new Masters of
Management of Innovation this year. It will soon become home of the new Academy of Medicine which is being developed in
partnership with our hospitals.
· For more information, visit: www.utm.utoronto.ca
· Canada's Health Care System
Canada has a predominantly publicly financed health care system. The national health insurance program is achieved through
health insurance plans administered by the Province of Ontario and linked through adherence to national principles set at the
· For more information, visit:
· As part of the Greater Toronto Area, Mississauga residents have quick access to hospitals and health care facilities providing a
broad range of health services. Within the Mississauga community alone, there are two well-renowned hospitals both offering
comprehensive primary services to residents and regional health programs to its residents.
· Credit Valley Hospital
The hospital, a regional centre for cancer treatment, provides a broad spectrum of clinical services involving ten programs: general
medicine, surgery, renal, oncology, emergency, mental health, continuing care/rehabilitation, obstetrics and gynaecology,
paediatrics and cardiac services and a network of support departments. The hospital has recently opened the Carlo Fidani Peel
Regional Cancer Centre.
· For more information, visit: www.cvh.on.ca
· Trillium Health Centre
Trillium Health Centre provides primary, secondary and tertiary services to a community of approximately one million residents.
Operating across two sites - the Mississauga Site and the Queensway Site – Trillium, is a regional centre for Stroke, Neurosurgery
and Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and a provincial centre for Cardiac Services. The hospital is home to the busiest Emergency
department in Canada and the largest free-standing day surgery facility in North America.
· For more information, visit: www.trilliumhealthcentre.org
· Mississauga has an excellent selection of quality housing including townhouses, high-rise condominiums, semi-detached, detached
and executive homes to satisfy every income level. Mississauga's residential communities are set in a variety of environments from
urban to waterfront to greenbelts.
· For more information, refer to the Population & Demographics Profile available online at www.mississauga.ca > Business > Profiles,
Facts & Maps or, refer to the Housing Matters document available online at www.mississauga.ca > Residents > Planning & Building >
Publications > Brochures & Newsletters.
Page 4 of 4
· City of Mississauga is recognized as the safest city in Canada for the seventh year in a row as documented in a national study based
on crime statistics from major cities across the country.
· Mississauga is protected by the Peel Regional Police. It is the 2nd largest municipal police service in Ontario and the 3rd largest in
Canada. Peel Regional Police, which provides one police officer per 669 residents, is acknowledged as one of Canada's most
progressive police services.
· For more information, visit: www.peelpolice.on.ca
The Mississauga Crime Prevention Association (MCPA)
· The MCPA is a community driven not-for-profit charitable association that works with residents, businesses, schools and the Peel
Regional Police to deliver pro-active crime prevention programs aimed at making Mississauga a crime free city.
· For more information, visit: www.mcpa.on.ca
· The City of Mississauga has a professional Fire Service with one firefighter per 1,100 residents, staffing 20 fire halls across the city.
· Emergencies are handled through the department's communication centre by dialing the emergency number 911.
· For more information, visit: www.mississauga.ca/fire
Read more about our Toronto and GTA Real Estate Marketplace and Average Price Trends
For more information please contact me.
A. Mark Argentino
P. Eng. Associate Broker
Specializing in Residential & Investment Real Estate
Thinking of Selling? Best Mortgage Rates Current Home Prices Search MLS Newsletter
RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc.
Providing Full-Time Professional Real Estate Services since 1987
( BUS 905-828-3434
2 FAX 905-828-2829 ÈCELL 416-520-1577
› E-MAIL : email@example.com
Website : Mississauga4Sale.com
Would you like a Complimentary & Quick Over-The-Net Home Evaluation ?
P. S. If you have not already signed up to receive my monthly real estate newsletter, you may do so here:
On-Line Real Estate Newsletter sign up