You have heard about the importance of location, but what really does that mean? The article below will explain what location, location, location in real estate is all about.
- Distance to work. How long will the rush hour commute take? House prices generally decrease as the distance for the hub-of-activity increases.
- Recreational facilities. Parks. playgrounds, baseball diamonds, community centres, arenas, swimming pools and soccer fields help establish ambience and a community-based neighbourhood.
- Schools. Which schools service an area is often a high priority.
- Shopping. Large malls serve an entire community. Intermediate sized plazas are accessed by commuters and pedestrians.
- Support services. Everyone needs a doctor. dentist and a pharmacy. Day care cent res and religious facilities also rank high.
- Transportation. Public transit and mature road networks are more readily available in built up and established area. Projected start dates for transit routes or road construction are only educated guesses.
- Lot size. Street frontage is important but don't overlook depth.
- Parking and garage.
- Corner lots. To avoid creating a tunnel like appearance, corner lots are wider than normal, meaning more grass to cut, more sidewalk to clear of snow and ice, more fencing to erect without a neighbour to share the cost.
- Side of the street. Homes on the west side receive morning sun at the front and afternoon sun in the back. South side homes bask in the sun at the rear, ideal for backyard enthusiasts.
- Other factors. What street hardware (sidewalk, fire hydrant, overhead street lamp, traffic signs, hydro transformer box, super mailbox, etc.) is located on or near the lot?
I wish you all the best with your purchase,