While the Identity Watch program is an excellent way to guard your identity and protect your credit, no one is completely safe. Take the following steps to further minimize the risk of identity theft.
- Get a shredder and destroy any unneeded charge receipts, copies of credit applications, insurance forms, cheques and bank statements
- Cut up expired charge cards that you're discarding, and credit offers you get in the mail
- Monitor your financial records and credit rating
- Don't share personal information on the Internet unless you've initiated the contact or know who you're dealing with
- Promptly remove mail from your mailbox
- If you're away from home and can't pick up your mail, call Canada Post to request a vacation hold
- Shield your computer from viruses and spies by updating firewall and virus protection software
Thank you for reading my blog and if there is anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to contact me,
A. Mark Argentino
P. Eng. Broker
Specializing in Residential & Investment Real Estate
Thinking of Selling? Best Mortgage Rates Current Home Prices Search MLS
RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc.
Providing Full-Time Professional Real Estate Services since 1987
( BUS 905-828-3434
8 Website : Mississauga4Sale.com
- Thinking of selling in the next 3 to 6 months? Would you like a Complimentary & Quick Over-The-Net Home Evaluation ?
- On-Line Real Estate Newsletter sign up
- See seasonal housing patterns