The Canada Day weekend is here and many clients are enjoying Ontario's wonderful cottage country (in fact, some are enjoying cottage life so much that they are contemplating a purchase!).
Did you know CMHC insures vacation homes
CMHC will insure a property the borrower uses for vacation purposes as long as the property is occupied at some point during the year by the borrower, or by a relative of the borrower on a rent-free basis and meets CMHC's general property requirements including;
- The property is located anywhere in Canada and is suitable for, and available for, year round occupancy; and
- Properties located on an island must have year-round bridge or ferry access; and,
- The borrower's ability to occupy the property must not be restricted or limited at any time. Properties with seasonal use or access, time share interests, life leases, or properties in rental pools are not eligible.
Under CMHC's Second Home product, an individual can be a borrower/co-borrower on a maximum of two CMHC insured homeowner properties, including a vacation home which meets the above criteria. CMHC's Second Home product can also be used to purchase a home for a family member attending college or university away from home.
Enjoy the long weekend and don't hesitate in calling if you have any questions.
Thank you for reading my blog and if there is anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to contact me,
A. Mark Argentino
P. Eng. Broker
Specializing in Residential & Investment Real Estate
Thinking of Selling? Best Mortgage Rates Current Home Prices Search MLS
RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc.
Providing Full-Time Professional Real Estate Services since 1987
( BUS 905-828-3434
8 Website : Mississauga4Sale.com
- Thinking of selling in the next 3 to 6 months? Would you like a Complimentary & Quick Over-The-Net Home Evaluation ?
- On-Line Real Estate Newsletter sign up
- See seasonal housing patterns