ü LATE PAYMENTS
ü SHORT SALES
ü TAX LIENS
ü STUDENT LOANS
ü ADDING NEW TRADE LINES
FACT: Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), it is your legal right as a consumer to have your credit report improved.
FACT: Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), it is your legal right to put an end to all of the harassing phone calls from creditors and collection agencies.
Creditors and credit reporting agencies have spent millions convincing Americans that credit repair is not possible. Don't be a victim any longer.
Millions of people are under the impression that the credit reporting agencies are part of the government, when in fact the credit reporting agencies are not government related. Credit reporting agencies are privately owned companies that make their money by collecting information ab out you and selling it to others.
Fortunately, Congress has passed a collection of laws called the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act) which regulates the actions of the credit reporting agencies. Before anything may be added onto your credit report, the credit reporting agencies must ensure that:
1) the information meets all legal reporting requirements,
2) the information was properly verified as accurate and complete, and
3) the information does not violate any FCRA or FACT Act laws,
Much of this is US slant, but many of the same principals hold true in Canada too!
A. Mark Argentino
P. Eng. Broker
Specializing in Residential & Investment Real Estate
Thinking of Selling? Best Mortgage Rates Current Home Prices Search MLS Newsletter
RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc.
Providing Full-Time Professional Real Estate Services since 1987
( BUS 905-828-3434
2 FAX 905-828-2829 ÈCELL 416-520-1577
E-MAIL : mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Mississauga
Website : Mississauga4Sale.com
- Thinking of selling your home in the next 3 to 6 months? Would you like a Complimentary & Quick Over-The-Net Home Evaluation ?
- If you have not already signed up to receive my monthly real estate newsletter, you may do so here: On-Line Real Estate Newsletter sign up
- See seasonal housing patterns
- Would you like me to send you a 2008 Calendar?