Last Minute Home Staging Checklist for an Open House
- Clean up your house! – make sure everything is clean and tidy, including windows and mirrors.
- Wipe down all yoru main sinks and bathtubs. When they are dry, they will look cleaner. No dirty dishes in the sink.
- Declutter – remove everything from counters, tables, floors, etc. except the items you are using to accessorize.
- Put away any your valuables; money, jewelry, credit cards, personal information, medications.
- Depersonalize the house as much as possible – remove all toiletries, grooming products, photographs, diplomas, awards, trophies, collections.
- I don't necessarily agree with this one
Also remove anything of a religious, ethnical or political nature.
- Open all blinds and window coverings; you want the house to light and bright.
- Turn on all the lights in the house, including lamps.
- Check all beds are made and tidy up the bedrooms.
- Open the windows and air out the house. Empty all garbage containers, diaper pails etc.
You don’t want any offensive odors in the house.
- Take pets with you and remove all signs of pet paraphernalia. (fish are the exception)
- Make sure all toilets are flushed and toilet seats down and that they are clean!
- Optional – easy listening music in the background.
- Curb Appeal - check the yard; remove newspapers, garbage, toys or clutter.
Thank you for reading my blog and if there is anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to contact me,
A. Mark Argentino
P. Eng. Broker
Specializing in Residential & Investment Real Estate
Thinking of Selling? Best Mortgage Rates Current Home Prices Search MLS
RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc.
Providing Full-Time Professional Real Estate Services since 1987
( BUS 905-828-3434
8 Website : Mississauga4Sale.com
- Thinking of selling in the next 3 to 6 months? Would you like a Complimentary & Quick Over-The-Net Home Evaluation ?
- On-Line Real Estate Newsletter sign up
- See seasonal housing patterns