GTA May Resale Housing Sales Higher Than Last Year
TORONTO, June 3, 2009 - In May 2009, Greater Toronto REALTORS® reported 9,589 sales, up almost two per cent from May 2008 – the first annual increase since December 2007. The seasonally adjusted annual rate of sales in May was 81,3001.
"The resale housing market in the GTA has remained resilient in the face of challenging times globally," according to TREB President Maureen O’Neill. "Many home buyers have taken advantage of extremely low mortgage rates."
The average price for May transactions was $395,609 – down less than one per cent compared to the same month last year.
"The average resale home price has moved in line with last year’s level because of tighter market conditions experienced this Spring," stated Jason Mercer, TREB’s Senior Manager of Market Analysis. "Home sales have increased strongly relative to new listings, bolstering home prices."
Read more at Current Home Prices
I hope this finds you Happy and Healthy!
All the Best!
A. Mark Argentino
P. Eng. Broker
Specializing in Residential & Investment Real Estate
Thinking of Selling? Best Mortgage Rates Current Home Prices Search MLS Newsletter
RE/MAX Realty Specialists Inc.
Providing Full-Time Professional Real Estate Services since 1987
( BUS 905-828-3434
2 FAX 905-828-2829 ÈCELL 416-520-1577
› E-MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : Mississauga4Sale.com
- Thinking of selling your home in the next 3 to 6 months? Would you like a Complimentary & Quick Over-The-Net Home Evaluation ?
- Power of Sales and Foreclosures
- If you have not already signed up to receive my monthly real estate newsletter, you may do so here: On-Line Real Estate Newsletter sign up
- See seasonal housing patterns
- Would you like me to send you a 2009 Calendar?